Saturday, March 7, 2015

I'd be lying if I said I'm not bitter

Well, I haven't posted in a while. I've been super busy with life...you know, working full time and being a wife and mommy. I don't have anything insightful to post this evening--I just need to vent. I am married to an amazing person who takes very good care of his family. He is the guy at work that everyone gets along with. He's reliable, hard-working, committed, fun to be around, and a great father to our son. The one thing he is not, unfortunately, is willing to allow his narcissistic mother to mistreat his wife. That is where he draws the line. Because his mother has convinced his entire family that I am to blame for her issues, he has no relationship with any of them. This woman has effectively pushed him to the outskirts of his own family. In recent months, he has attempted to reach out to them. He had an opportunity to talk with his father, but his father insisted that his mother be a part of the phone call as well. When he responded by saying that he really just wanted to talk with his father and his father only, "they" relented and said that was fine. However, when my husband called his father to have that conversation, his father allowed the phone to go to voice mail. My husband left a voice mail...a voice mail that was never returned. To this day, his father never called him back. That was nearly six months ago. I know it is not easy for my husband to reach out to his family as a result of his mother's narcissistic tentacles...and when he did, he was rejected. Denied a simple phone call with his father. This is our life right now. I admit I am bitter. But I will NEVER EVER tell my husband not to contact his family. I am just so bitter about what this woman has done to her firstborn son. I don't hold out hope that things will improve, but I pray that my husband will find peace and understanding in the midst of the storm that is his family headed by his narcissistic mother and enabling father.

5 comments:

  1. Wow I could have wrote this myself.My husband and I are in the same position.My husband is also the first born.Its a painful situation.Focus on your family and stand by your man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my husband had the balls to stand up to the evil that gave birth to him! Our life is so awesome when we have no contact with her, but she always finds a way to crawl back in & my husband immediately changes. He be becomes distant & resentful towards me & our kids (17 & 21) & their partners. He also starts drinking heavily & verbally abusive toward us all. Just her mere presence in his life is enough for him to go from Dr Jeckyll to Mr Hyde in a heartbeat. I have been a part of his extremely dysfunctional family for 32 years so I know them inside out, back the front & upside down! My monster in law hates my guts because I see right through her (so do my parents). I come from a respectful family & I am a good person & mother. We have wonderful kids but everything about me is wrong, bad blah blah blah. However she worships my younger brother in laws ex partner whom has been a drug addict for many years, including taking copious amounts of drugs (speed, ice, pot & cocaine) throughout her two pregnancies. She is also a prostitute & the worst mother that has always neglected her children. I am the scapegoat of this highly dysfunctional family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have a mother in law like your's. I cannot believe what I have read on your blogs as she is just like mine. Now I know what the problem is with her and I also know she will never accept me.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here. Husband is the first born. We no longer have any contact with the majority of his family. I had enough and couldn't watch him suffer any longer. It is still a daily struggle, watching the sadness in his eyes and wondering why he will never be good enough for her. You are absolutely right, it's hard not to be bitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    Herpes is a serious and recurring condition that cannot be cured by drugs or injections by USA Doctors. But the best way to fight and get rid of herpes virus permanently is to take natural herbal remedies, I red about DR JAMES, the great herbal Doctor, who cures people of HIV virus with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to find out how he could help me and he told me never to be worried that he would help me with the natural herbs medicine! After 2 days of contacting him he told me the medicine is ready and he sent it to me via DHL COURIER SERVICE and it got me in 3 days! I used the medication as he prescribed for me (MORNING and EVENING) and I was cured! It's really like a dream, but I'm so happy! For people suffering from the following diseases Alzheimer disease, Eczema,Shingles,MS,Bullous Pemphigoid,Diabetes, cancer,Pcos, hypothyroidism,vaginal rashes, Herpes, COPD, HIV, arthritis, Hpv, liver disease, autoimmune diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine, because I am a living witness and I was cured of herpes virus. and DR James medicine is legitimate. I sent him what he asked for and he sent me his medication which I took for 2 weeks and today I am here with a negative result. When I went for the test, I was so happy after I took his herbal mix medicine.CONTACT DR JAMES FOR A PERMANENT CURE Email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com
    He's a good man and he will help you

    ReplyDelete